The Nlite laser is the first non-ablative laser with FDA clearance for wrinkle/acne scarring treatments and we are very excited to be able to offer you the latest in laser collagen replenishment. Treatment is quick and discreet. You may experience slight redness, swelling or pinpoint bruising that you can cover with cosmetics and will fade in just a few days. There is little or no discomfort with the treatment, but you may experience a warm tingling sensation. You will be in and out of our clinic in approximately one half-hour (unless you are to undertake further treatments such as Microdermabrasion or peels) and you may resume your normal activities immediately with no recovery time.
Preparation for the procedure is minimal but we would ask that you take notice of these following requirements as failure to do so may result in reduced results from the procedure or for you being considered unsuitable for treatment on the day of your appointment.
- If you are using any type of Retin-A, glycolic acid or AHAs on your skin, we recommend that you stop them approximately one week prior to your appointment date unless we have instructed you differently in your consultation. You may resume these products approximately seven days after your treatment.
- The use of aspirin and aspirin containing products should be avoided for approximately one week before your appointment date, unless these are prescribed by a Doctor for serious medical conditions such as heart disease. Once again, you may resume these products approximately 7 days after treatment. You can take paracetemol for pain or fever instead.
- Since the Nlite process for collaged stimulation is a low grade inflammatory one, the use of anti-inflammatory products such as Nurofen, Ibuprofen, Voltarol, and Aloe Vera will reduce the results that you get. Therefore, it is our advice that these products are not taken at all for at least seven days before and after treatment.
- During clinical research it has been found that the effects of smoking drastically reduce the results of the Nlite laser, therefore it is very important that you do not smoke on the day of treatment, and for 48 hours after treatment, to ensure the effects of the cigarettes are completely removed from your system.
Therapy with the Nlite laser is not suitable for those clients who:
- Are pregnant
- Are prone to keloid formation (lumpy scars)
- Have a poor history of wound healing
- Are taking medications that cause light sensitivity such as some acne tablets.
- Are taking certain anti-seizure medication
- Are taking Roaccutane tablets for the treatment of acne and for six months after finishing Roaccutane
If you are currently on a prescribed course of medication for your acne, such as oral antibiotics, we advise that you complete this course before undertaking treatment and allow at least seven days for these medications to have cleared from your system. If you are unable to do this, then you need to be aware that the presence of these medications may cause your skin to be photosensitive to the laser light and you may have more visible indications of having had treatment on the day.
It would be helpful if you could arrive at the clinic without make-up. If you have any further questions prior to your appointment, please call us on 066 7125611. If you must change your appointment time, please give us at least three days notice so we can offer the appointment to someone else. There will be a charge of €75 for missed appointments, as the laser operator and the machine will be idle during your missed appointment time.