Download this information as a PDF
The minor trauma of particle resurfacing can aggravate some conditions. Special precautions are required when treating people with the following conditions:
- Active, uncontrolled or brittle diabetes.
- Viral lesions, Herpes Simplex, or Shingles.
- Eczema or Seborrhoeic Dermatitis.
- Rosacea. • Oral blood thinners.
- Skin cancer or autoimmune disorders.
- Visible, broken blood vessels.
- Cancer, AIDS, HIV, Hepatitis B or C, or any autoimmune disorder.
- Sunburned skin.
Skin preparation prior to Microdermabrasion:
No pre-treatment requirements are required: simply remove all your make-up and off you go!
Your skin may look red and feel a little hot immediately after the treatment but this usually settles after a few hours. You may put on your makeup and return to work immediately after treatment. It is advisable to wear a total sun-block (SPF 25 or greater) to protect your skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet light from the sun, daylight or sunbeds.
If you have any problems after your microdermabrasion treatment, please phone Nurse Mary Cullen-Sheehan or Dr Buckley - contact us.