TINEA (Pityriasis) VERSICOLOR
- Apply KETACONAZOL lotion (“Nizoral Shampoo”) to the dry skin at night and wash it out after fifteen minutes.
- Apply the lotion from your neck down to your upper thighs and down as far as your wrists being careful to cover ALL areas in between, front and back.
- Apply the lotion for fifteen minutes every night for one week. This will get rid of any itch or scaliness.
- After this treatment you may be left with a faint rash. This will gradually fade away over a few weeks after finishing the treatment especially after getting some sun.
- Do NOT continue the treatment indefinitely.
- The rash may recur during the summer or after a “sun holiday”. If this occurs simply treat yourself again as outlined above. Some people need to treat themselves every spring to prevent getting a “blotchy” tan in the summer.
- Remember, it is a safe and effective treatment.
- If you have any problems please contact Dr Buckley.