What is Botox©?
Botox© is an FDA approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows, wrinkle lines on the forehead and crow's feet around the eyes in adults. Botox© temporarily reduces muscle activity in these areas and stops the repeated muscle contractions which result in frowning and squinting, which can cause wrinkles over years. Botox© reduces dynamic wrinkles and lines in the forehead and around the eyes which occur when you use your muscles to make facial expressions.
What is BOTOX® ?
- A natural purified protein.
- It relaxes wrinkle‐causing muscles.
- It creates a smoothed, rejuvenated appearance.
When injected into a muscle:
- It temporarily blocks the chemical signals that make the muscle contract.
- Only minute quantities of BOTOX® are injected.
- Only the injected muscle will be affected.
Try to exercise your treated muscles for 2 – 3 hours after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows or squinting). This helps to work BOTOX into your muscles. Although this is thought to help, it will not impact negatively on your treatment if you forget to do this.
Do NOT rub or massage the treated areas for 24 hours after your treatment.